Cold Calling Tips for Sales Professionals
When doing cold calling it’s so important that you do not sound like a robot. Yes we use scripts but these scripts are not made or we don’t make scripts so that you can just read from them. We all received these telemarketers calling us and all they do is read from a script. You know exactly what I mean :-). So let’s try to avoid that and here are some tips that you can do, and that I do every single day when I do my cold calling or warm calling LOL.
- In your office do a couple of push-ups or some squats or something to get you motivated. Use that energy in a positive manner so you don’t sound nervous over the phone.
- Before you start making some calls put yourself in the or in a positive mindset oh, and where we can buy that is think of something happy. Think of something that puts you in a happy place. For me it’s when I’m with my daughter and we were on the beach and she was running around acting silly. That always brings a smile to my face oh, no matter how mad I am if I think about it I smile. The reason why this is so important is because are voice and tone resonates to the receiver, and subconsciously he interprets it. so if you sound nervous or not confident he automatically repels you for some odd reason oh, even he doesn’t know why it’s all done on a atomic level.
- Now as I said before do not read from a script oh, just use a outline and have a flow chart based on answers that your client receives. For example if he says no I’m not looking to buy a property at the current moment, then you would possibly say “ Okay fantastic, no worries I will be in real estate for many many years maybe I could send you some information about the advantages and disadvantages of owning a home”…. or maybe he says no I’m not looking to sell my home, then you would say “ oh no worries, I’ve been doing real estate for x amount of years and I’ll be here when you’re ready, what I could do is send you over some information about the market value of your property every so often, would that be okay?”
- So when I sent you have to be prepared but you cannot sound like a robot oh, you just have to have some planning done. And don’t worry about planning too much oh, because you’ll never get started. Just as you start write some things down and some notes when you receive common questions.
- This is one of the most important aspects of calling is using enthusiasm. Enthusiasm sales and in my more specific course about getting started in real estate we talked about this indep and practice. You have to use enthusiasm in your personal sales life and your business sells life. And yes I said personal sales life… we are all trying to sell something, even when you found your spouse you had to sell yourself to her and she had to sell herself to you. Its a certain form of marketing, Think about it dressing nice, Drury, cars, perfume oh, it’s all a form of marketing we are trying to attract someone or something or maybe just have people respect us. But no matter what it is, it is a form of marketing.
Don’t Sound Like a ROBOT! Be genuine, use longer vowels…. use enthusiasm ! Enthusiasm sells!